ENRICHMENT POLICIES AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
In conjunction with Sonoran Sky administration, the Sonoran Sky PTO facilitates before- and after-school Enrichment classes exclusive to Sonoran Sky students and instructed by Sonoran Sky classroom teachers and/or staff. Courses offered vary from semester to semester and include a variety of educational, physical, and social opportunities. Below are the general policies governing Enrichment classes.
CLASS REGISTRATION POLICIES
- One registration per student should be submitted to the school office or completed online. Only complete registrations will be accepted. Class spots will not be held and forms will be returned if information is missing.
- Instructors have chosen appropriate grade levels for each class based on course materials and subject matter. Families are asked to respect the instructor’s direction.
- Payment is due at the time of registration. A $12 fee will be added for any returned check.
- There will be no pro-rating for late registrations or missed classes.
- No refunds will be issued after the announced registration period officially closes.
- When registering online a receipt will be sent electronically. Please retain a copy of your registration and receipt for your records. The PTO will not be able to reissue additional receipts. The Sonoran Sky PTO Tax ID number is 86-0768944.
- Partial scholarships are available through the PTO. Funds are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please see the Enrichment Scholarship Request Form.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
- Due to different required minimum/maximum student numbers per course, a class will be canceled and refunds issued if minimum enrollment is not met. Student enrollments will be taken in the order payment and completed registration forms are received.
- If a class does not meet minimum enrollment, it may be cancelled. In the event a class is cancelled due to low enrollment, the full tuition amount will be refunded.
- No refunds will be issued after the registration period officially closes at 3:15pm on August 19, 2016.
- No refunds will be issued for missed classes or absences.
The PTO sponsors enrichment courses for the exclusive benefit of Sonoran Sky students. Sonoran Sky parent volunteers administer this program, and the courses are taught by Sonoran Sky staff members. Courses are designed to be fun and educational. Participation is a privilege.
Each student’s self esteem is enhanced positively when students provide each other with realistic feedback in a respectful, empathetic, and caring manner. Students should:
- Foster an emotionally safe environment by respecting the rights and feelings of others (no sarcasm, profanity, name calling, teasing, etc).
- Foster a physically safe environment by respecting school and personal property.
- Foster an environment conducive to learning (no calling out, making excessive noises, eating in class, leaving one’s seat without permission, etc).
- Respect adults in authority (no back-talk, disrespect or disregard of directions and instructions, etc).
Enrichment students are expected to follow all school rules. Students participating in the Enrichment Program must comply with the Behavior Policy and other policies listed in the Parent and Student Handbook, as amended and updated. If a student does not comply with Sonoran Sky or District policies, the student may be withdrawn from the Enrichment class without a refund.
CLASS INFORMATION AND POLICIES
- Morning classes are held from 7:45 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. Afternoon classes are 3:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. Parents may not attend classes.
- No A.M. or P.M. classes are held on teacher-conference week or scheduled NO SCHOOL days.
- Morning classes are held on professional development ½ days. There are no afternoon classes on professional development ½ days.
- In the event a teacher is unable to teach class for the day, every attempt will be made to schedule a substitute teacher for the day. In rare occasions, if a class must be cancelled, parents will be contacted to determine pick up arrangements for the day. A make-up date will be planned and communicated to parents by the individual instructor.
MORNING CLASSES – ARRIVAL POLICIES
- The front doors open at 7:40 a.m. for morning classes. Students may not enter the building for Enrichment classes prior to that time.
- Due to safety issues, parents and students must enter school through the front door and walk together to the assigned room where parents must sign-in their child for each Enrichment class.
- If your child attends early morning Mascot Club, please inform your Mascot Teacher about the days/dates your child will be attending morning Enrichment classes and what time they must be escorted to their Enrichment course.
AFTERNOON CLASSES – DISMISSAL/PICK-UP POLICIES
- Afternoon classes end promptly at 4:15 p.m. Parents should not enter the building prior to the end of Enrichment classes. Please wait at the flagpole area for dismissal.
- Course instructors will dismiss students to parents, or designated adults, once they have signed their child out on the appropriate form. No child will be left unattended. Children will not be allowed to walk or bike home by themselves or with a sibling.
- Parents are solely responsible for making their own arrangements for pick-up and child care after the end of the Enrichment classes, including, but not limited to, arrangements with the Jewish Community Center (JCC) and Mascot Program. Parents or guardians are responsible for communicating pick-up arrangements with the Enrichment Coordinator and instructor and ensuring that any adults picking up their students are listed on the student’s emergency card.
- If your child attends Mascot Club or goes to the JCC, please inform your Mascot teacher and/or the JCC about the days/dates your child will be arriving late due to attendance in after-school classes.
- Parents, or designated caregivers, must pick up children promptly at 4:15 p.m. Picking up a child after 4:15 p.m. will be considered a late pick-up and incur a late charge.
LATE CHARGE POLICY
A late charge of $10.00/for the first 15 minutes or any portion thereof, and $1.00/for each additional minute thereafter, will be assessed to parents picking-up children later than 4:15 P.M. A third late pick-up will result in the child’s removal from the course and no refund will be issued. We appreciate your promptness at drop-off and pick-up, as does your child and the instructor.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
- In consideration of participation in any activities, events or services to be rendered by the PTO and use of PVUSD facilities during said activities, events or services, parents, or guardians, on behalf of their children, waive, release and forever discharge any and all rights and claims for injuries, damages, losses, demands, recoveries, suits, payments, actions, and judgments of every nature and description, against the PTO or the PVUSD, its officers, agents, representatives, employees, volunteers and assigns, for injuries sustained or suffered or by reason of any act or failure to act, activities, events or services.
- Parents and/or guardians, agree that in the case of a medical emergency, their own personal medical plan will be used. As a condition of participation in the Enrichment program, parent and/or guardians acknowledge reading and agreeing to this consent, and knowingly, on behalf of their child, assume all of the risks associated with participating in any way in the Enrichment program.
- Parents are responsible for notifying their child and their classroom teacher of their Enrichment Program schedule or any changes to their schedule. Although school officials and volunteers are available to help students, students are ultimately responsible for walking to the assigned classroom as designated by the school office.