Classroom Support Funds (CSFs) are voluntary contributions that go directly to your classroom teacher and grade level to fund events and supplies that support the curriculum. The amount of CSF is determined by the grade-level team and, as such, are different from grade level to grade level. While the contributions are collected by the PTO, the PTO does set the amounts, have access to, or use the funds for any school-wide programming. The PTO collects the funds only as a service to our teachers.
Classroom Support Funds help support your child’s academic experience in their classroom. Your child’s teacher, in conjunction with the other grade level teachers, determines the budget and how funds are used for the year. Generally, Classroom Support Funds support activities and experiences such as:
- Various in-class labs & projects
- Materials for “specials” (Music, Art, PE, Computers, STEM)
- Materials for Wonderland outdoor classroom and garden
- SkyWriters (student publishing lab)
- Holidays, celebrations, and awards
- Room Parent funds (teacher appreciation)
Your classroom teacher can provide you with a detailed description of how CSF is allocated for your student’s specific grade level.