Coding, Coding, Coding!
Tuesdays, 3:20 – 4:20pm; Grades: 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th
These awesome CS First activities introduce students to computer science concepts and the programming language through Scratch. Different themes attract and engage students of varying backgrounds and interests. So, choose of one of the following coding themes. Each theme includes 8 unique activities and 10-12 hours of content. Join the coding fun!
- Friends: In Friends, students are encouraged to sign up with a friend or make a new friend in the class. Friends emphasizes teamwork by allowing students to tell the story of how their friendship started and imagine a company together.
- Fashion & Design: In Fashion & Design, students learn how computer science and technology are used in the fashion industry while building fashion-themed programs, like a fashion walk, a stylist tool, and a pattern maker.
- Art: In Art, students create animations, interactive artwork, photograph filters, and other exciting, artistic projects.
- Sports: In Sports, students use computer science to simulate extreme sports, make their own fitness gadget commercial, and create commentary for a big sporting event.
- Music & Sound: In Music & Sound, students use the computer to play musical notes, create a music video, and build an interactive music display while learning how programming is used to create music.
- Storytelling: In Storytelling, students use computer science to tell fun and interactive stories. Storytelling emphasizes creativity by encouraging students to tell a unique story each day.
Cost: $85.00; 8 weeks: 9/1/20 – 11/10/20 *No Class: 9/29, 10/13, 10/27*
SSKY PTO Enrichment Course Policies
SSKY PTO Payments Policy
To ensure accurate bookkeeping, secure collections, provide tax receipts, expedite processing, and reduce waste, all PTO-facilitated payments must be made online via credit card, debit card, eCheck, or ACH automated bank draft.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.